Sunday, February 9, 2014

Customer Service in the Social Media Age

Hello, world!

My name is Brittney and I’m a Los Angeles native. Through my blog, I will be exploring how we as consumers can make companies meet our expectations through social media. In a world where you can’t talk to another human when you call a 1-800 number, companies are jumping at expanding their customer service departments through social media.


My personal experiences with businesses and social media have been through Twitter. I have interacted with various companies such as Bank of America and FedEx. Within 10 minutes of a tweet about a bad experience, I was contacted by a customer service representative who was willing to go above and beyond to reverse my poor experience. This is what I will be exploring in my blog, through Twitter and other social media platforms, along with the reasons for this. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great topic Brittney. I've had a similar experience with customer service. I tweeted my frustration and heard back very quickly. The company did a great job making me feel valued and certainly kept me as a customer. I'm sure you'll find many other great examples. I look forward to reading your blog this semester.

    ReplyDelete